Thursday, July 24, 2008

Farmer's Market

Yesterday the kids and I headed to the Farmer's Market in town. There was a lot more there this time. We went to get corn for tonight. (We have company coming and are grilling steaks and wanted corn to grill as well.) Anyway, we got our corn. The cool part was there was a guy there making balloon animals and he put on a puppet show. The kids LOVED it. JD really liked the dog puppet that kept giving the guy kisses. Sadly, I didn't have the camera with me. The guy calls himself "Fish Bucket". There is actually a story behind the name. When he was a kid, his parents would take him to school and his grandpa would come and take him out of school to go fishing. He would carry the fish bucket. Well, his parents didn't know until he failed that grade, but he's been "Fish Bucket" ever since. Too cute. He made Abby a balloon flower, Noah an one eyed monster, and JD Spiderman. They loved it. Sadly, I was cleaning my corn today and most of it was bad or had worms. YUCK! Guess I won't buy corn at the farmer's market any more. I'll just have to find the road side stands. Hopefully the corn tastes okay. The kids and Phillip love grilled corn and hopefully our guests like it as well.

No comments: